Sunday, April 8, 2012

The weekly roundup

First I'll start with the best news, Brutus has been adopted!! Not just to any home either, he nabbed himself one of the best homes I could think of. I am very pleased. He certainly deserves it.
*
Jenny and I have been walking more together because I need the exercise. I've always known she is athletic but wow, I had no idea! Saturday we are walking in a 5K locally with some friends. (Prudence and Leo and their people.) I decided to pre-walk it to challenge myself to see how fast we could do it. Our time was 43 minutes. Not to shabby! Sadly Jenny finished stronger than me which means I need to get in better shape.


The other thing I am doing on Saturday is hitting The Loyal Biscuit, one of my favorite haunts, for a book signing. Jen Blood (http://www.bloodwrites.com) is signing her book All the Blue-Eyed Angels there from 11:00 to 2:00. One of the characters in the book is a dog named Einstein. Check out the model search contest you can enter your own dog in to win some swag: http://jenniferblood.net/wp/einstein-the-dog-photo-contest/  The book is excellent btw. I'm not even normally a mystery reader (aside from Susan Conant) but this book hooked me.

This is how I picture Einstein:


For the record this is a Pumi, a Hungarian herding breed. Very adorable and muppet like looking. How cute is that? It seems most of them bark a lot however which is a deal breaker for me personally.
*
The 2 new prison puppies have started. They are super sweet. They are litter-mates believe it or not. Mom was listed as a boxer mix but clearly at least one of the dads had some terrier in him. First there is Joshua.


And here is Justin.

They are super sweet and should be pretty easy to place once they graduate. They just needed to have some one on one time with a handler and learn to be a little more confident. So far so good!
*
I hope everyone who celebrates it had a Happy Easter or good Passover.

2 comments:

Jen Blood said...

Thanks for the mention and the great feedback on the book, Marie -- that Pumi is adorable! And you're right, very Einstein-ish. I'm with you on the whole barking-as-a-deal-breaker thing, though. The Run-a-Hound 5K looks like it'll be a blast -- that YouthLinks gang is such fun! Looking forward to seeing you Saturday; I have a book for you and Don!!

volunteers4paws said...

them brothers sure do look different! how interesting.