Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tag I'm it!

My fellow trainer and new friend Nancy of A Dog's Life blog has tagged me in a Crazy 8 challenge. This tag asks me to come up with and share 8 little known facts and tidbits my readers do not already know about me.
*
1) When I was a young teen I wanted to be a nun. Turns out not being Catholic was a great hinderance to the plan.
*
2) After high school I wanted to study music and become a member of an orchestra had college been an affordable option for me. I played Tenor sax and had a heavy interest in the flute. Unfortunatly I lacked talent for any hope of a scholarship.
*
3) I started flute lessons 2 years ago. It's never to late to learn and to do what you love. (I still lack talent however.)
*
4) After I got home from my time in the military I looked into becoming a dental technician. I couldn't afford the schooling. (which worked out much better for me in the long run in my opinion)
*
5) I was horse crazy as a kid and rode my bike miles to volunteer at a horse for hire riding stable to get free riding. I learned to ride out of books. I still love horses and would love to take carriage driving lessons one day.
*
6) I have a wooden spike signed by James Marsters. He played the vampire "Spike" on the Buffy and Angel series. I also own a Harry Potter time turner necklace and a Star Trek engineering uniform with rank insignia I bought at a ST convention. Yes I am the uber dork you always read about.
*
7) I met my husband in jail. He was a police officer, I was a corrections officer. We are an excellent pair.
*
8) My favorite piece of furniture is my cherry wood Jensen Tina 2 double treadle spinning wheel.
*
Not all that exciting but there you have it. Trainers are people too! I have been out of the loop so long and am behind in my blog reading so I am not going to tag anyone specifically. (even though I am supposed to tag 8 other bloggers) If you read this and want to participate feel free. You may say you were tagged by me.
*
Check out the cute photo ad I came across.
Is it not just to adorable? It is for a clicker training apprentice program. While I am not specificly a clicker trainer myself, I am definately a fan of Karen Pryor. Her principles are the foundation of all current positive method training today. Great photo!

No comments: