Sunday, July 4, 2010

Camp Jenny and parade news

I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July weekend. My family was invited up to a friends camp on a lake. My daughter wasn't feeling well so she stayed home with Jack while we went up with Jenny. It was her very first camp outing. (Jack has been before.) Here she is with Alamo, the GSD, and Maddie our friends dogs.
She did excellent. I wasn't sure if I would be able to let her off leash or not. She is pretty darn good with her recalls IF she isn't following her nose. Being in the woods with lots of critters around I wasn't sure of her attention span. Fortunatly she did great so she got to enjoy some extra freedom. She even met 3 other dogs (all females!) and was on her best behavior as were they.

She also surprised me by going into the water on her own for a swim a couple of times. I'm extra glad I ordered her a lifejacket now. Between the activity and gobs of table scraps she scored she was a very happy camper at the end of the day.
*
Our Humane Society float was a hit. We won an award for the float that best represented the theme of "People making a difference". We also raised $250.00 from donations from the crowd! Not to shabby! We had a great banner that let people know that our shelter covers 22 towns. I don't think many people knew that.


I'm sorry I didn't get any photos of my invisible dog. We got lots of laughs. I drafted my son to hold the boatyard dog sign. He was a good sport. And check out this guy:


Parker agreed to be our cat litter kid. Talk about a good sport! It was a great time and we have plans to do it again bigger and better for the Lobster Festival parade as well. Hope to see some of you there!

No comments: