I actually have a great reason for being behind in my posting. I was in Las Vegas with my husband. He had a conference to attend so I tagged along. It was also our 13th wedding anniversary so we took some time for us while there too. Sorry I didn't warn you all but I don't think announcing when you are going to be gone from your home online is a fantastic idea security wise.
Now Vegas isn't my favorite place on the planet but it can be alot of fun. We saw a show (Spam-A-Lot) and did a bunch of sight seeing. We had been there before about 6 years ago to see Sigfried and Roy so it wasn't totally new to us. It was a good vacation but NOT very relaxing. The flight is long and there is alot of walking involved to get anywhere. Not a bad thing when you are staying in shape though. The kids had a blast staying with their aunt and uncle. They have a pool and a baby to play with so they were very entertained.
Here is a pic of a sign that was in a grassy area near the pool.
I saw a few people traveling with small dogs and one Old English Sheepdog service dog. Not a breed you commonly see in that job field. Sorry I didn't get any pics to share of them.
Jack stays at an excellent kennel in the area: http://www.mainely-dogs.com/ and Missy gets spoiled at my mom's house. They are fine with us being gone but they do seem quite happy when we return. Even if that means they get baths the next day, not their favorite activity.
Here is something I was sent with tips on chosing a reputable breeder. I thought it was a pretty good list so I wanted to share it.
Puppy Miller, Backyard Breeder Red Flags
1. if they accept PayPal, mastercard, visa, discover.....RUN
2. if they demand a non refundable deposit.......Run
3. if they do not proudly show photos and pedigrees of their dogs.......RUN
4. if they do not health test........RUN
5. if they show pictures of scared skinny little pathetic babies......RUN
6. if they can not, or are unwilling to provide references.......RUN
7. if they do not offer a health guarantee that covers the real health of that puppy for at least one year.........RUN
8. if they do not belong to dog clubs, organization, etc......RUN
9. if they try to pressure you in any way............RUN
10. if they dont show their dogs in true dog activities..........RUN
11. if they ship worldwide......or ship.......RUN
12. if they dont question you like you are adopting a human infant.........RUN
Consider adopting from animal shelters and breed rescues too. Did you know there is a breed rescue for EVERY breed of dog out there? Most have great websites with the real truths about the breed you are considering. If you are doing breed research I always recommend checking out their sites for great info on the good AND bad of each breed.