Sunday, May 22, 2011

Guess the breed

I know, to easy right? Read on.
We did a Wisdom Panel on this dog at work. His name is Emmett and he is a real sweetie. He came from a cattledog rescue group but his mom knew he wasn't a purebred due to something involving his color change from puppy to adult. Can you guess what else was identified in his makeup?



I've thought about doing one on Jenny because it's possible she might be a mix somewhere down the line. She sorta looks like a smooth brussels griffin cross to me at times. Not that it matters but it might explain her fabulous nose. Who knows, maybe she's a puggle! Ha ha! So who wants to guess what the Wisdom panel found out about this cutie pie?


(Edited 5/27/11 : The answer is in the comments section.)

5 comments:

2dogcrazy said...

Hmmmm ... I would guess pointer at first? But you mentioned color changing from puppy to adult, so ... dalmation, maybe?

Anonymous said...

I think pointer/cattle dog cross. The ticking looks more pointerish. Although Dalmatians are thought to be in the background of the ACD breed & pointers are definately in the background of Dalmatians....

jen said...

I see pointer/cattle dog.

Anonymous said...

He looks a lot like a dog I fostered that was an ACD mix. My boyo was mixed with pitbull and rat terrier on top of the ACD.

Marie said...

OK drum roll please....................................................................................................................................... The results are: 25% cattle dog 25% old english sheepdog 25% mixed breed (I assume because they don't have all breeds on file.) and 25% shar-pei!! Bet you didn't see that one coming!!