I added some cut cross pieces for traction.
Then I added some no slip tape and a cement block for extra stability.
A training session later and Missy was going up like a pro. If I had to do it over I would make it just a little bit wider. Total cost $21.71 which isn't bad. I'm sure it could be done cheaper with different wood.
I may also bolt it to the steps to prevent slippage once my husband gets home and gives me some feedback. (he might not want it attached for plowing reasons) She has suddenly become very touch sensitive and hates being picked up. She lets up know by screaming her displeasure as she skitters away. I don't want to freak her out any more than necessary so hopefully the ramp helps solve that issue. If her coordination gets to bad I also have the option of adding sides so it makes a sort of chute for her. Or I can outfit her with a harness so we can help her balance as needed.
It wasn't a big project but it was an important one. I probably should paint or seal it for longevity but that is a project for another day. I am grateful that today's weather cooperated for me to get this much accomplished.