Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chocolate, good for us, not so much for our dogs

My husband brought me this chocolate bar and I couldn't resist the photo op. I decided it would make a great photo to accompany a public service announcement about chocolate and dogs. If I unwrapped this I have no doubt Jenny would dig right in. She eats everything. Obviously this much chocolate would be bad for her. Heck this much chocolate could harm her if it fell on top of her too! Check out this very cool chart to see how much chocolate your dog has to eat to be harmful.
Keep in mind any amount can cause gastric upset for a sensitive dog. And don't just rely on this chart, when in doubt call your veterinarian to advise you.
Don't worry, my children and co-workers are helping me conquer the bar shown above. That is to much chocolate even for me!

No comments: