Sunday, September 25, 2011

My 7 post challenge


I was tagged quite awhile ago in the 7 post challenge by: inu-baka blog: my seven posts 
Unfortunately I tend to over think these things hence my delay in getting it posted. I finally decided it wasn't cremation or casket, (my sons saying for when I am stuck on a decision) and therefore stopped thinking about it so much. So here are my 7 posts.
My most beautiful post: This is a tough one. I chose the one I thought had some good writing and that I want people to see because of the message it has in it. Judging a dog by it's breed is killing dogs and it needs to stop. It also makes me cry every time I think about it. So here is a Dog Named Worf.
*
Most Popular Post: I had to go look at my stats to figure this one out. Here is: How to make your own Rally O sign holders.
*
My Most Controversial: OK it was hard to pick just one. I guess I would need to go with these two based on comments and e-mail conversation I had after posting. Debunking the dominance myth and Alpha rolling in Wolves and Dogs.
*
My Helpful Post: Again I couldn't narrow it down to just one. So here are a few that I think are most useful:  A lesson in canine greetings, and Loose Leash Walking. And for anyone with a dog that needs help with stairs: My own project runway.
*
Success surprised you: Again I went back to my stats to see what came up alot. For some reason it was this post: Frenchie as Frankendog. I can only assume it has something to do with words searches somehow, though I have to wonder just what exactly they were searching for.
*
Didn't get the attention it deserved: This one was easy for me to choose. Reading Facial Expressions in Dogs. I still haven't found any mention of "The Thinking Face" on other blogs or videos. I also think most info out there on reading facial expressions is geared to the non-flat faced breeds. I am unsure why that is.
*
Most surprised you: This was a tough one. I'm not sure what constitutes surprise exactly. I chose a post I thought should have gotten more oohs and ahhhs than it did. My Dog Tattoo Quest Fulfilled. I was also hoping for other dog people to share their dog related ink! (You can even post photos on my facebook page!)
*
Now I'm supposed to pass this on to 5 blogs I have been following but may have missed their more important posts. I chose these in no particular order:
Frogdog Blog
Retrieverman's Weblog
Of Cows' Tails and Chew Toys
Save the pitbull, save the world
The Spiritdance dog tracking and sheep herding blog

I'm also going to tag a new blog to my blogroll as well so I can get to know them better:
Lessons from and for 4 legs

Participation is completely optional and I will not be offended if you to chose to ignore the tag. Thanks for the challenge Jen!! Blog on!!

1 comment:

Katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

Thanks for the shout out, adding us to your blogroll! We're flattered to be in such good company.:)) Very interesting to list those seven posts, I linked back through some of the other blogs that did it too and found some interesting stuff. Thanks!