Wednesday, March 26, 2008

There will be a test


Todays post contribution link was sent to me by Noah, a local shelter volunteer. I've seen other versions before but I love this set up.

Can YOU pass the test?


Thanks Noah.
*
Now how about we all pass it on for the sake of ALL dogs. Because if you think BSL will stop with pits and other already targeted breeds, you are sadly mistaken. I think the following sums it up quite well.
*
~Why you must stay and fight~
*
"When the Nazis came for the communists, I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
*
When they locked up the social democrats, I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
*
When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
*
When they came for the Jews, I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.
*
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out."
*
~Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

3 comments:

Amie said...

Thank YOU!

Anonymous said...

Breed Specific Legislation (BSL) is based in ignorance. I've just started to learn more about this topic and the more I learn the more annoyed I get at such ignorance.

Anonymous said...

When my father died, I found that quote in his wallet. I have often thought about it.


Eliza