Friday, March 7, 2008

What is WRONG with people?

My husband originally told me about his story since I usually avoid the news as to depressing. It is about a Marine caught on video throwing a puppy off a cliff. News link:


If I were the comandant I would throw his ass is the brig and give him an dishonorable discharge to boot. You can't control what a former Marine does, but you sure as hell can punish those under your command and send a message to others.

**Earlier Tuesday, the base's public affairs director issued a statement denouncing the vignette.
"The video is shocking and deplorable and is contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine," said Major Chris Perrine. "This video came to our attention this morning, and we have initiated an investigation. We do not tolerate this type of behavior and will take appropriate action." **

I really hope they mean that. Personally I think his ass should be flung off the nearest cliff. Let's see how he likes the same treatment. For those that would say but it was just a puppy and he is a person, yeah that kind of makes it worse doesn't it? Because HE could defend himself, unlike the puppy. As a former Marine myself I am appaled and horrified that this is the type of individual in todays Corps.

If that isn't enough to ruin your day check out this story about a golfer killing a hawk because it was annoying him, by being to loud: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335774,00.html

It all just turns my stomach.

No comments: