Sunday, April 20, 2008

A beautiful day for tracking

First a Jake update: Check out Jakes soon to be new big brother Moxie. Some of you may remember Moxie from an older post. He lives in town and I made quite an idiot of myself the first time I met him. Even trainers aren't immune to human nature. He is a french mastiff, also known as a Dogue De Bordeaux. They have a ball playing together. This was taken after they were somewhat tired from a play session.

Yesterday was so beautiful I dusted off the tracking gear and took Jack out for some practice. Here he is in his beautiful blue tracking harness.
While it is fun for us, Jack is what we would call a lazy tracker. It really is to much work to do more than once in his book. But he looks good!
So today I thought I would try little miss Jenny at it. Now pugs aren't your normal tracking breed. Unfortunatly some can barely breathe normally so sniffing for scent for long periods isn't something they are well known for. However because miss Jenny has a longer nose than some of her fellow pugsters, her nose works quite well. And boy does she love looking for food treats.

She has started avoiding the camera these days so this was the best pic I got. (And yes she needs a better tracking harness which I shall order soon from http://www.pawmark.com/ A super site for all your tracking needs.) I am very happy to say she took to it like a duck to water. We did three short tracks and she was fabulous every time. Not bad for our first time out. I'll try to get one of the kids to videotape us on a future track to share here.

I just thought I would throw in a pic of Zeus looking cute. (please excuse the pile of laundry behind him) Don't hate me because I am beuuutefull.

No comments: