Thursday, August 26, 2010

A "stuff I am doing" update

Well I missed the cut off to enter the upcoming AKC shows September 2 thru 5 at the Union Fairgrounds with the Mid-Coast Kennel Club of Maine and the Central Maine Kennel Club due to my inattention. It turns out that isn't a bad thing. Because of how the AKC shows are set up and my work schedule I probably could have only entered one day which would have been 1 trial. Not really worth all the stress to me. Mostly because I still get ring nerves. Being a member of the MCKC club usually means I work at the show anyhow. Not to mention the state of Jenny's skin. She has improved but isn't 100%. Every time I think she is on the mend she has a set back. Fortunatly she isn't itchy, she just looks awful. I'm not sure what the rules are about showing a moth eaten looking dog.
*
That's quite alright though because there are at least 2 APDT Rally trials I am planning to enter. The first is next month at Finish Forward Dogs in Saco. The premium list is out and my entry is hitting the mail tomorrow. I'm only entering on Sunday due to my schedule, however that is 3 trials in one day. THREE! Much more worth my time than 1 trial per day. The one after that is planned for November at Wag It.
*
I am also excited because it looks like I might be able to attend Woofstock this year. I've never been and always heard great things about it. Depending on the status of Walkers adoption I will either take him so he can get seen by potential adopters or I will take Jenny and consider trying for her CGC. It is for a good cause after all. Hmmmm I wonder if I take Walker if I should sign him up to try it? I'm sure he can pass and it would be a great feather in his cap to showcase his training. They are also having a rally demo where he can show his skills as well. I'm really hoping he gets adopted before that though. He is more than ready for his new home.
*
The Humane Society of Knox County's Fur 'N' Foliage Dog Walk is coming up as well. I will be having a "Free Dog Training Advice" booth and will be running the agility competition again. (Just a few beginner obstacles. Nothing official.) Last year it was a big hit so they asked me to do it again. It is a blast seeing all the kids having fun with their dogs.
*
In other news the tracking event I was looking forward to will be in the spring instead of this October. I'll just have to be patient. Truth be told I have been a slacker with our tracking so this gives us more time to practice anyhow. (Tracking is best done in the early morning. I am not a morning person hence the slackage.)
*
That's about it. I am resisting the urge to even consider attending a real agility class. I have enough things I don't do enough already.

No comments: